The error code: 0xc000021a is can create problem in Windows 10. This error can lead to a Blue screen of death. You can fix this error by following these simple methods.
Run the SFC scan
You have to run the SFC scan on your computer as it helps to detect and remove the corrupted files in your computer. Follow these easy steps.
- Search Command Prompt in Windows Search Bar and select the program.
- The command prompt window will pop up on your computer screen.
- Type SFC/scannow in the command prompt window.
- The process will start automatically and will take some time to complete the process.
- Restart the computer after the completion of the SFC scan.
After completion of the process, check whether the error in your computer is solved or not.
Run DISM scan
As like SFC scan, DISM scan can also help you to solve the error 0xc000021a. DISM scan is the alternative for SFC scan. If the SFC scan did not work in your case, follow DISM scan. You can proceed to DISM scan in the following way.
- Open Command Prompt from the Search bar of your windows or via typing CMD in Run box.
- When Command Prompt opens, type the following command in the command prompt and hit Enter.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- This scan can take up to 20 minutes or more.
After completing the process, check whether the error is fixed.
Unplug all the peripheral devices
Another possible solution to fix the error 0xc000021a is unplugging all the peripheral devices connected to your computer. If some peripheral devices are connected to your computer at the time of Windows update, you need to disconnect those peripheral devices. The connected devices can lead your computer to many types of error which include the Blue screen of Death. The error 0xc000021a can pop up along with a blue screen of death. If you have a desktop computer, disconnect all the peripherals leaving keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Don’tt disconnect these devices because you need these devices while updating the windows.
After unplugging these devices, try updating Window. If the error 0xc000021a is still popping up in your computer, try following another solution method.
Try updating your Windows using Windows Media Creation Tool
Windows Media Creation Tool can fix most of the errors related to Windows update. You can use Windows Media Creation tool to upgrade as well as update your Windows Operating System. You can update/upgrade your Windows OS using Media Creation Tool in the following way.
- Download Media Creation Tool from the official site of Microsoft. It can take some time depending upon your internet speed.
- After the download completes, run it.
- It may take some time to operate. After you get to terms and condition, read those terms and conditions and click on Accept.
- In the next screen, you will be asked whether to upgrade your pc or create installation media. Mark Upgrade this PC now and click on next.
- After that, the installation process will start and will take some time. You have to follow the instruction as given on the screen.
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
Disabling the Driver Signature Enforcement is one of the solutions to the error code: 0xc000021a. You have to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement in the following way.
- Go to start menu.
- Hold the shift key and click on the Power button and choose restart.
- Your computer will restart. After restarting, you will reach to the Recovery options menu.
- Now, tap on Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options and choose Startup settings.
- Go to restart.
When the pc restarts, press F7 and select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. You have to check whether the error 0xc000021a is fixed or not. You can check it by trying to update Windows. If this error is not fixed, try using another solution method.
Rebuild Boot Configuration Data
The rebuilding BCD, your installation files will load nicely. Before rebuilding BCD, you have to create a Bootable drive using Media Creation Tool. You can create Bootable Drive in the following way.
- Download Windows Media Creation Tool from the official website of Microsoft.
- When the download completes, run Windows Media Creation Tool. Read the license terms and accept the license term.
- Choose to Create installation media.
- Select the language, edition, and architecture of the Operating system and click next.
- Insert a flash drive and select that particular flash drive.
- It will take some time and follow the instructions given on the computer screen.
After you create a bootable USB drive, proceed to follow steps to rebuild your BCD as described below.
- Insert the bootable drive which you have created and restart your PC.
- Set that USB as the primary boot device. You can perform this change from BIOS setting.
- The loading process will start. Choose the language, time/format, and keyboard input of your choice and click on the Next button.
- After that, choose to Repair your computer which you can find at the bottom of the left corner and select troubleshoot option.
- Now, go to Advanced Options.
- Now proceed to the Command Prompt. You may be asked to select your account and it may also ask you to enter the password, select the account and enter the password.
- In the command prompt, type the following lines of command. Make sure you have to hit Enter after each of the command lines.
- This will do the repair procedure.
After you complete this process, you have to try installing the Windows. If the error 0xc000021a is still not solved, try another method of solution.
Check Hard Disk Drive health
Checking Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is one of the solution methods to fix the error 0xc000021a. HDD can cause the Windows update error code: 0xc000021a. Check whether that is the cause of this error or not. You can check the HDD of your computer in the following way.
- Open This PC in your computer.
- Now, right-click on the system partition (C drive in most of the computers) and choose properties.
- After that, proceed to Tools tab.
- Inside the error checking section, click on check. It may require the administrator permission, grant the administrator permission.
- This will check your HDD.
We hope one of our methods were helpful for you to solve the error code: 0xc000021a.